Bristol and Plymouth Attorneys Profiles
We have 38 years of combined experience
The Studley Law Office operates as an efficient, effective team to realize the legal goals of our clients. Using the latest technology and working from a beautiful, modern office, we ensure that every client receives the highest quality service, frequent communication and highly competent courtroom representation.
Meet our experienced Plymouth attorneys:
Contact our family law, personal injury Learn more about our team of dedicated Middleboro lawyers
Our lawyers are experienced in family law, personal injury and criminal law. We serve the residents of Middleboro, Lake Ville, Taunton, Bridgewater, East Bridgewater, Raynham or Plymouth. For more information, call the Studley Law Offices at 508.923.7207 or 800.640.2889 or contact us online.
Attorney Marie A. Ryan was born and raised in Massachusetts. Prior to joining the Studley Law Offices in Middleboro, Marie worked as an associate attorney for a Boston law firm. Her 11 years of practice experience include family law, personal injury, criminal defense and complex civil matters.
Marie received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Salem State College in Salem, Massachusetts and earned her J.D. from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City. She is admitted to practice before the Massachusetts state bar and the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Areas of practice
- 100 percent of practice devoted to litigation
- Massachusetts, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2001
- J.D., Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1997
- Cardozo Women's Law Journal, 1995–1997
- B.A., Salem State College, summa cum laude, 1992
- Dean's List, eight semesters
- Phi Kappa Phi honor society
- Psi Chi honor society
- English major
- “To V or Not to V: The Role of the V-Chip in Government Regulation of Broadcast and Cable Indecency (Student Note),” Cardozo Women's Law Journal, Vol. 4 No. 1, 1997
Past employment positions
- Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts Elder Law Project, pro bono attorney, 2003–2005
- Reece & Associates, P.C., associate attorney, 2000–2003
John E. Studley Jr. founded the Studley Law Offices in 1988. His experience spans 27 years and includes representing clients in personal injury, divorce, child custody and criminal defense cases throughout Plymouth, Bristol and Norfolk Counties.
Dedicated family law, child custody and divorce counsel
John has assisted hundreds of clients in family law and probate court matters and litigated numerous complex divorce and custody trials. He has been appointed guardian ad litem by Judges of Plymouth County in more than 40 cases — ranging from high-conflict divorce and custody issues to settlement of estates. As a court-appointed counsel working with a conservator, John recently obtained a multimillion dollar settlement for an elderly widow based upon undue influence and wrongful conversion claims.
Because of his knowledge and experience, John was invited to serve as a panelist and participant in the Probate & Family Court Department Substance Abuse Training Workshop held by the Plymouth County Probate Court and as a lecturer at a Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education seminar, "Trying the Child Custody Case."
Assertive personal injury plaintiffs’ attorney
John has sought justice for hundreds of personal injury victims in jury trials and arbitration. Through his diligence and dedication, John obtained a wrongful death verdict of $1.2 million and a recent three-panel arbitration award of $337,000 in a case involving a traumatic brain injury.
Aggressive criminal defense
When representing an individual charged with a crime, John believes strongly in the trial by jury system. He holds the government to its burden of proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Because of his thorough preparation and aggressive determination, he achieves the best outcomes for defendants charged with crimes.
Areas of practice
- 85 percent of practice devoted to litigation
- Massachusetts, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1985
- J.D., New England School of Law, 1984
- Mugel National Moot Court Team
- B.A., Quinnipiac University, cum laude, 1981
Professional associations and memberships
- Plymouth County Bar Association
- Past President
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Bridgewater Savings Bank
- Past Corporator
- Boys & Girls Club of Brockton
- Past Director
- American Association for Justice
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member of the Board of Governors
Past employment positions
- Gallitano & Gattozzi, Plymouth, Massachusetts, trial lawyer
- Department of Public Utilities, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, counsel